We are currently recruiting for a Junior Accounting Clerk to join our team. This entry-level position will sit at reception and reports to the Managing Director.
- Reception related tasks including answering incoming calls, greeting visitors, handling mail and couriers, filing, copying and other administrative duties as required. Note that reception is not busy and reception duties are light. This is not expected to change once the pandemic situation is resolved.
- Coordinating contact and correspondence with clients
- Inputting and posting client credit card payments
- Preparing reminder notices and correspondence on delinquent accounts
- Posting accounts payable and cash receipts into PC Law
- Assist with file opening and docket corrections
- Preparing accounting reports as requested.
- Assisting with billing
- Other accounting/admin duties as required
Required skills, knowledge, and experience:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Diploma/degree in accounting
- Minimum 1 year of office experience preferably in a law firm
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills - MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of PC Law preferred
- Well organized
- Professional in appearance and demeanour
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Ability to deal in a professional manner with clients
- Problem solver, quick and eager to learn
This is a long term, full time position with growth potential. It is expected that the successful candidate will be given increased accounting responsibilities as she/he gains experience.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and a friendly work environment. Our office is located at 20 Queen Street West beside the Eaton Centre. Work hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional on positive references.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations, to Ann Marie Costello at email@example.com.
We thank you for your application but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. DV is committed to providing a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and accessible to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Ann Marie Costello.