Our boutique downtown Toronto law firm is seeking a talented team player who is looking for an opportunity to contribute and grow. You will support two senior Associates. We offer a competitive compensation package including a formal bonus structure, RSP matching, and employer paid benefits. We are in the office on a full-time basis. Our firm prides itself on providing a supportive and collaborative work environment. Our success depends on you.
Essential to our success is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences. We undertake and support several internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved.
- Preparing standard litigation documents, first drafts of various pleadings, orders and other court documents;
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing court documents;
- Ensuring all hard copy and electronic filing is organized and up to date;
- Collating and binding briefs;
- Maintaining organized client files;
- Carrying out correspondence and communication with internal and external clients and law firms;
- Scheduling of examinations for discovery;
- Assist with billing;
- Practice management including appointment scheduling and arranging conference calls;
- Apply proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence;
- Calendar management, keeping lawyers/clerks apprised of matters/deadlines;
- Carrying out other general administrative tasks and back-up support as required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ litigation experience in a law firm;
- Legal assistant diploma/certificate;
- Knowledge of the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure;
- A team player attitude with sound judgment;
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision;
- Attention to detail is key, supported by good proofreading skills.
Motivated candidates are invited to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants, and on request, will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout our recruitment process. We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.