SUMMER STUDENT JOB POSTING
Daoust Vukovich LLP was formed in 1995 to achieve excellence in delivering first-quality legal services to clients with commercial leasing, real estate and related litigation needs. We are well known in professional and industry circles as a leading commercial leasing and property development boutique firm, providing premier legal services and an unparalleled depth of experience. The firm enjoys a unique reputation in that it is the only boutique of its kind in Canada, combining the insight of in-house counsel with the skill sets of a major full-service law firm.
2019 Summer Law Student
Daoust Vukovich LLP is currently accepting applications for one (1) summer law student for summer 2019. Students eligible for this position must be in their second year of studies within an accredited Canadian Law School.
For further information about the summer student position available at Daoust Vukovich LLP, please contact Ken Pimentel at (416) 598-7049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply:
To apply, students should send their complete application packages to:
Daoust Vukovich LLP
20 Queen Street West, Suite 3000
Phone: (416) 591-3046
Facsimile: (416) 597-8897
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Friday, January 18, 2019.
To be considered for the 2019 summer student position, application packages must contain the following:
- curriculum vitae;
- covering letter;
- list of current courses;
- list of proposed third year courses;
- copies of complete official post-secondary transcripts and transcripts from all other academic programs;
- one writing sample (the sample can be from a law school course, undergraduate studies or any other writing sample that exhibits the student’s writing skills; however, note that we would prefer to not receive factums); and
- a maximum of three (3) reference letters
Litigation Legal Assistant
Daoust Vukovich LLP offers guidance and practical assistance on every aspect of commercial real estate law in Ontario and across Canada. Considered one of the best law firms in Canada for commercial property, leasing and development, Daoust Vukovich LLP has a team of highly qualified lawyers and paralegals serving the specialized needs of clients who acquire, develop and use commercial real estate. The firm enjoys a unique reputation, borne of the vast experience of its team in all manner of commercial real estate transactions and disputes for properties across Canada.
Daoust Vukovich LLP is seeking to fill a full-time litigation legal assistant position. The successful candidate should possess a minimum of 1-3 years of law firm experience.
- Preparing standard litigation proceedings, first drafts of various pleadings, orders and other court documents;
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing court documents;
- Ensuring all hard copy and electronic filing is organized and up to date;
- Collating and binding briefs;
- Maintaining organized client files;
- Carrying out correspondence and communication with internal and external clients and law firms;
- Assisting in the scheduling of examinations for discovery;
- Handling certain invoicing procedures;
- Providing support to other people in the office as needed;
- Entering data in multiple systems for billing and/or time entries;
- Practice management including, appointment scheduling and arranging conference calls;
- Apply proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence;
- File management and keeping clerks/lawyers apprised of matters;
- Carrying out other general administrative tasks as required by the firm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Superior organizational skills required to effectively multi-task;
- Excellent computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and various applications;
- Attention to detail
- Handling and prioritizing workload while working under pressure of tight deadlines;
- A team player attitude with excellent judgment to follow instructions with minimal supervision;
- Excellent time management;
- Solid understanding of commercial leasing transactions is an asset;
- Excellent typing and proofreading;
- Detail oriented and must work well in a busy team environment.
- Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate
Daoust Vukovich is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested candidates should send resumes to David Giles at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.